Tariam inet is a high-performance satellite internet system which supports high-speed links with Quality of Service (QoS) features such as Min/Max CIR and dynamic allocation of bandwidth.
The system features integrated IP functions including NAT/PAT, DHCP, RIPV1, RIPV2, and DNS server/relay functionality, together with TCP/IP acceleration.
The the core of the solution is the inet high-performance satellite router which is designed to provide carrier-grade IP services using dynamically assigned high-bandwidth satellite IP connectivity.
Everything you need to get started using the service is included in the kit that we supply. All you need to provide is the electrical power and a means to access the service (the service can be shared via any Ethernet compliant networking equipment).
Quality of Service features include:
- Constant Bit Rate (CBR) services
- Adaptive CBR. Minimum and maximum rates are configurable, as is step size.
- Committed Information Rate (CIR) with minimum, guaranteed, and maximum rates
- Best effort with weighted fair queuing
- Class-based weighted prioritization
- IP Multicast data delivery
- Four levels of IP traffic prioritization
Bandwidth management systems support both preassigned (static) traffic assignment and dynamic traffic assignment.
The remote satellite broadband modem acts as a local router providing:
- Static and dynamic addressing
- DHCP server or relay
- DNS caching
- RIPV1, RIPV2, BGP routing support
- Multicasts to and from the LAN by using IGMP
- VLAN tagging
- Firewall capability with integrated access control lists
As well as providing voice/data broadband IP packages, inet is the ideal platform to enable high-performance IP connectivity for a variety of applications including cellular backhaul, MPLS extension services, virtual leased-line services, Embassy and Government Networks, and air-traffic control.
Our network features:
- DVB-S2 with Adaptive Coding Modulation, providing up to 50% more throughput than DVB-S and 20% more than standard DVB-S2
- Each satellite modem terminates in two 10/100BaseT Ethernet LAN RJ45 ports enabling the service to be shared easily using any Ethernet compliant wireless or wired networking equipment.
- Service profiles available include Dynamic Streaming, CBR, Adaptive CBR and CIR with Best Effort
- Full 24/7 monitoring and direct access to the terminals in the field for trouble shooting and support
Along with this dynamic hardware, we provide a range of managed airtime accounts to suit a wide variety of groups of users from 1 light user up to 100 heavy users. For larger groups, several terminals can be deployed together.
If you want to know more, email us us with details of your location, the number of users you want to support and how quickly you want to be connected – we’ll take care of the rest.